Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Organizing Jewelry...

If you are anything like me, you have bought way too much jewelry...mainly because it's on sale or just so cute, and not very expensive. So now we've got more than we can see and it's all tangled in a drawer. I have this nice antique chest that I put jewelry in, but it still gets tangled and I can't see what I have, so I end up not wearing any...so what's the point of having it all, right? This is what I started with...a drawer full of tangled necklaces.


I am not one to just buy a jewelry box...no...I want something unusual or more decorative. I found this for my braclets. It's original purpose is for hand towels and sits on a bathroom countertop. I placed it on top of my antique chest and use it for braclets.

I then found this rack at Target for my necklaces. I really don't know what it's purpose is...I found it with the drawer pulls near the hardware section. It has 3 hooks to hang necklaces and I also have some hanging from the bar in between the hooks that goes all the way across.
So here is the finished set up. Necklaces on the hooks and bar...braclets on a bathroom countertop hand towel holder, rings in the box that I found at Ross last year, and some earrings on the pewter heart earring holder that was purchased last summer at Marshall's. I still have watches and some other things in the chest, but this is easy access and puts my jewelry where I can see everything and best of all...it's not tangled.
What easy organizing tips do you have to share?



No comments:

Post a Comment